Stop.Breathe.Think. Job Description and Personal Specification
Job Title: Clinical Manager for Stop.Breathe.Think.
Location: HQ office in Hove BN3 5LP, 3 days per week Tuesday -Thursday
Hours: 22.5hrs (3 days)
Annual leave: 15 days per year plus bank holidays (25 days on f/t contract)
Salary: £27,500 pro-rata based on f/t (includes 10% bonus paid annually)
Duration: 24-month fixed term contract (with extension pending funding)
Benefits: Vitality Healthcare & pension available (after 6-month probation )
Stop.Breathe.Think. is a game changing mental health service that gives eligible young people aged 8 – 21 years access to free 1 to 1 online counselling sessions. First and foremost, we provide counselling for young people who would not otherwise be able to afford it. With no wait times and available nationally.
Our counsellors use a recognised solution-focused 6 session therapy model. Our service is guided by the THRIVE framework for child mental health care. Originally written to guide practice within the NHS, this model us now used nationwide, across a variety of services and organisations.
The Clinical Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the delivery of exceptional clinical services. They will work closely with the Head of Service to manage, develop, support and expand our clinical work in order to meet the aims and objectives of the organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Be main point of contact and guidance for any staff members needing clinical support or guidance. Ensuring that ethical practice is observed within the organisation.
- Support and facilitate reflective practice, problem solving and personal development of the counselling team.
- Manage any clinical issues relating to counsellors in an appropriate manner.
- Working closely with the Head of Stop.Breathe.Think to co-ordinate regular counsellor meetings to ensure the safety and consistency of services and address any issues that arise.
- Support Head of Service with referral allocation, provide guidance on the suitability of referrals coming into the service and as necessary, provide guidance on carrying out onward referrals from the service.
- Support Safeguarding Lead with issues that arise from counsellors and ensure that safeguarding concerns and alerts are dealt with appropriately.
- Handle any clinically related complaints that may arise or escalate these where necessary.
- Be able to deliver intake assessments with children and young people entering the service when required.
- Responsibility to ensure effective clinical governance arrangements are in place and adhered to throughout the organisation.
- Update policies and procedures around clinical governance and create new policies and systems where required.
- Work to ensure that the service and counsellors comply with 6 session brief solution focused therapy model.
- Ensuring counsellors adhere to ethical frameworks and standards set out within their own accredited registers, ensuring the best practices.
- Work to ensure that IAPTUS client management systems, IT systems and administrative systems preserve client confidentiality and meet information governance requirements.
- Carry out regular clinical audits of case notes to ensure that standards are being met.
- Prepare narrative, examples of best practice and case studies and support with development of funding bids and tenders as required.
- Contribute to data analysis of the service and reporting as necessary.
- Assist Head of Service with the recruitment and induction of appropriately qualified and experienced counsellors as well as onboarding and providing support.
- Develop and deliver training both internally to staff as well as externally as required to partners and funders.
- Ensure counselling team complete mandatory training and access additional training where required or appropriate.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as required, and attend training events, conferences, and other functions as necessary.
- Attend and contribute to new and existing partnership and funding meetings to discuss clinical content.
- To provide one yearly appraisal of between 30 minutes to 1 hour, to each individual counsellor.
- Monitoring of regular counsellor supervision.
- Create content for the Stop.Breathe.Think website and contribute to monthly internal and external newsletters as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required within the spirit of the post.
- Passionate about the cause – you have a demonstrated interest in mental health and motivation to support young people.
- Proven experience in clinical leadership and team management.
- Psychotherapy/Counselling qualification.
- Accreditation/registration with BACP/UKCP/BPS or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of evidence-based therapeutic interventions and coaching methodologies.
- Clinical experience of working with clients with a range of difficulties including complex mental health issues.
- Experience of providing counselling.
- Knowledge of complex issues involved in therapeutic work.
- Understanding of issues regarding confidentiality and management of risk within a counselling service.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of and committed to equalities provision.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and competent IT skills.
- Knowledge of IAPTUS clinical software.
- Knowledge of THRIVE framework and Brief Solution Focused Therapy.
- Qualification in clinical supervision.
- Experience of supervising groups and individual counsellors/psychotherapists from a range of training backgrounds.
- Training in risk assessments.
- Training in delivering counselling interventions remotely, over the telephone and via video platforms.
Please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to work for Stop.Breathe.Think and how you meet the requirements of the job above to Louise Donegan, Head of Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 7th December 2023 at midday.
Interviews: Tuesday 12th December 2023 at our Hove office, BN3 5LP.
Conditions of Service
Stop.Breathe.Think is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced criminal record check under the arrangements established by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and two satisfactory references.